- StreamAlert utilizes AWS Lambda, which means you don’t have to deploy, manage, patch or harden any new servers
- StreamAlert utilizes AWS Kinesis Streams, which will “scale from megabytes to terabytes per hour and from thousands to millions of PUT records per second”
- StreamAlert utilizes Terraform, which means infrastructure and supporting services are represented as code and deployed via automation.
- StreamAlert uses secure transport (TLS), performs data analysis in a container/sandbox, segments data analysis and storage per your defined environments, and it uses role-based access control (RBAC)
- Anyone can use or contribute to StreamAlert